External Works, Church, Buxton
Buxton Methodist Church was extensively modified and refurbished in the 1990s in order to make it fit for the twenty first century. The final phase was to bring the ground surrounding the church up to a suitable standard with new surfaces, walls and bollards.
Fountain, Botanical Gardens, Sheffield
This fountain was installed as part of a refurbishment of the Botanical Gardens. It used cast iron bowls and columns to emulate the original fountain in this location. Constructed by Dorothea Restorations.
Bandstand & Windows to The Octagon, Pavilion Gardens, Buxton
The Octagon was originally fitted with eight windows, one to each face of the octagonal dome, together with a ventilation grille at the crown of the dome. These had been lost during the 1930s and 1940s and were replaced in 1992 by Leander Architectural.
The Bandstand was built on a new site in 1997 in a style reminiscent of the original, smaller 1871 bandstand which was situated nearby. It was built at Leander’s Dove Holes workshop. Architect - Robin Fryer. Structural Engineer – Peter Creswell.
External Work, Pavilion Gardens, Buxton
Buxton’s Pavilion Gardens were refurbished with the help of a Millennium grant. The penultimate phase in 2002 included the lower lake and fountain, both of which were designed to replicate the original Edward Milner design of 1871. Architect Robin Fryer.
Bandstand, Douglas, Isle of Man
This bandstand was originally situated in the Villa Marina Gardens on the Promenade at Douglas. It was built by Leander Architectural at its Dove Holes workshop and delivered to site in transportable sections. It was later moved to Noble Park in Douglas.
With a backdrop of Conwy Castle, the design of this shelter had to be traditional in appearance, with a Welsh slate roof! Other similar shelters have been designed for Rhyl Bus Station, parks and gardens and seaside promenades. Built by Leander Architectural.